Brief History: Dimond Branch Library originally opened in 1915 and had four different locations before it moved to its current location at 3565 Fruitvale Avenue in 1980. In 1996 a small group of local residents and library patrons founded the Friends of Dimond Library. The group now has about 50 members, and meets quarterly in the community room @ Dimond Branch Library. We are very active in support of the library and its programs. Currently the library is closed for renovations and will reopen on July 15, 2017. Dimond Library Friends’ have led a successful fundraising drive to give over $52, 000 of community donations to fund new library furniture. Please see more under the activities section.